Public Hearings on State Strategic Plan Begin in February
January 9th, 2012 by Elaine Clisham
The state has announced a schedule of six public hearings on the draft State Strategic Plan released in September. The public hearings represent an opportunity to share your views on where and how New Jersey should grow – and what the state’s role should be in accomplishing this vision. They take place throughout the state, from Newark and Morris Township in the north to Galloway Township in the south, all during the latter half of February and the early part of March.
The public hearings represent an opportunity to share your views on where and how New Jersey should grow – and what the state’s role should be in accomplishing this vision.
Each meeting begins at 6:00 pm with a presentation about the plan, after which the public hearing begins at 7:00 pm. The dates and locations are:
- Galloway: Feb. 13, 2012, Campus Center Theatre, Richard Stockton College, 101 Vera King Farris Drive.
- Clayton: Feb. 16, 2012, Offices of Government Service, Building A, Gloucester County Clayton Complex, 1200 N. Delsea Drive.
- Newark: Feb. 23, 2012, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, NJTPA Conference Room, One Newark Center, 17th floor.
- Morris Twp.: Feb. 27, 2012, Haggerty Center, Frelinghuysen Arboretum, 353 East Hanover Avenue.
- W. Long Branch: Feb. 28, 2012, Bey Hall, Monmouth University, 400 Cedar Avenue.
- Bordentown: March 1, 2012, Rutgers University EcoComplex, 1200 Florence Columbus Road.
As noted in the announcement, should bad weather necessitate the cancelation of a hearing, two additional dates and locations have been reserved: March 6, 2012, at 6:00 p.m. in the Special Events Forum Room, Civic Square Building, Rutgers University, 33 Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick, and March 21, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. in State House Annex Committee Room 1, 125 West State Street, Trenton.
Written comments may also be submitted for up to 30 days after the final hearing, either by email (osg_edsosstatenjus) or by mail to the State Planning Commission, Office for Planning Advocacy, PO Box 820, Trenton, NJ 08625-0820.
Copies of the draft plan and supporting documents are available for inspection online or in person at the New Jersey Department of State, Office for Planning Advocacy, 225 West State Street, Trenton, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For more information on the State Strategic Plan, including analysis and press coverage, visit New Jersey Future’s State Strategic Plan Information Page.