Smart Growth Awards 2017 Call for Nominations
Since 2002, New Jersey Future has honored smart planning and development in New Jersey through this annual event. The awards help promote our mission to secure economic opportunity, community vitality and quality of life for all New Jerseyans.
Call for Nominations!
Do you know of an innovative project, plan or initiative that deserves to be honored for bringing smart growth ideals to light? Consider nominating it for a Smart Growth Award! Check out our previous award winners for an idea of the size and range of winning projects.
New this year: We will be giving additional consideration to projects that include effective use of green infrastructure as a stormwater management tool.
Again this year we will be accepting entries via our online submission portal. This saves paper resources and energy that’s used in shipping, and lets the judges view the entries from anywhere without having to carry hard copies with them.
Please read the submission instructions carefully. They explain the submission process and include updated entry questions. You may submit an entry via the Submit button at the bottom of this page.
Entries will be judged by an independent panel of experts in various aspects of growth and development, against the following considerations:
- They are near existing development and infrastructure
- They create or enhance connections to existing developments or plans
- They create or enhance a vibrant mix of uses (residential, retail, office)
- They protect or enhance open space, farmland, parks and critical environmental areas
- They increase the range of housing options available (size, type, affordability)
- They create or enhance transportation choices
- Their designs foster walkability and activities at the street level that encourage personal interaction
- They improve resiliency to natural hazards
- They respect community character, design and historic features
- They utilize green or regenerative design techniques and materials.
Deadline:Entries must be submitted no later than Friday, Jan. 13, 2017.
Download the guidelines and entry questions (Word).
Download a blank formatted spreadsheet in which to list your project partners (Excel).
Questions? contact Elaine Clisham (eclishamnjfutureorg) , (609) 393-0008, ext. 102.