Working for Smart Growth:
More Livable Places and Open Spaces

 

Douglass House

Presently located within Trenton’s Mill Hill Park and occasionally opened for tours, the historic Alexander Douglass House once served an important role in the birth of our nation, when it was used by George Washington in 1777 for his Council of War following the Second Battle of Trenton.

Alexander Douglass House in Mill Hill Park (March 2014). Credit: New Jersey Future

Alexander Douglass House in Mill Hill Park (March 2014). Credit: New Jersey Future

 Project Updates:

The City of Trenton released a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the rehabilitation of the Alexander Douglass House on August 23, 2013.  The work requested includes plans for the development of ADA compliant bathrooms, painting and repairs to the first-floor interior, as well as upgrades to the electrical system.  Bids were reviewed in October, and a consultant was formally selected in December.

Reference Documents:

National Register of Historic Places application for the Alexander Douglass House, December 1970.

City of Trenton RFP for the Douglass House

City Council Agenda detailing the RFP Award on December 19, 2013 (Also includes Mill Hill Park improvements and the Jackson Street Bridge)

© New Jersey Future, 16 W. Lafayette St. • Trenton, NJ 08608 • Phone: 609-393-0008 • Fax: 609-360-8478