Jackson Street Bridge
First built in 1888 by the New Jersey Steel & Iron Company, the Jackson Street Bridge was converted into a pedestrian bridge nearly a century later. The bridge connects the Mill Hill neighborhood of Trenton to Mill Hill Park and the city’s central business district.
In August 2013, the City of Trenton advertised a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the planning and subsequent rehabilitation of the Jackson Street Bridge. City Council formally awarded the contract to TranSystems at their December 19, 2013 meeting.
- City of Trenton RFP for the Jackson Street Bridge
- City Council Agenda detailing the RFP Award on December 19, 2013 (Also includes Mill Hill Park improvements and renovations to the Douglass House)
- National Register of Historic Places application for the Mill Hill Historic District (December 1977)