2009 News Release Archive
- DEP Global Warming Plan Embraces Smart Growth, Sustainable Transportation
Dec. 22, 2009 -- The DEP's report on combating global warming in the state contains action steps that embrace smart growth and that will position the state to meet its 2050 targets.
- National Report Shows 1 in 5 Traffic Deaths in New Jersey are Pedestrians
Nov. 9, 2009 -- More than 20 percent of traffic deaths in New Jersey are pedestrians, yet the state ranks 48th out of 50 for allocation of federal funds to pedestrian infrastructure.
- Coalition Calls on Governor to Enact ‘Complete Streets’ Policy
Oct. 13, 2009 -- A coalition of policy and advocacy groups called on Gov. Corzine to develop a Complete Streets policy to improve safety and transportation choice.
- Rep. Holt Joins Constituent on Daily Commute for 'Take Your Legislator to Work' Day
Aug. 28, 2009 -- U.S. Rep. Holt joins a constituent on her daily commute for New Jersey Future's Take Your Legislator To Work Day.
- Media Advisory: Rep. Holt to Join Constituents on Daily Commute for 'Take Your Legislator To Work' Day
Aug. 26, 2009 -- Media advisory for U.S. Rep. Holt's upcoming commute with constituents for New Jersey Future's Take Your Legislator To Work Day.
- National Transportation Groups Document Effect of Transit Cuts in NJ
Aug. 18, 2009 -- Report shows how outdated regulations and red tape are straining transit agencies and forcing layoffs, service cuts and fare increases.
- 150 Pack Workshop on New DEP Greenhouse Gas Grant Program
July 20, 2009 -- Participation at event shows local governments need resources to plan and zone for sustainable communities.
- New Jersey Future, Tri-State Transportation Campaign Applaud Release of Federal Transportation Funding Bill
June 24, 2009 -- Newly released bill would increase investment in public transportation, planning and infrastructure repair.
- New Jersey Future Hails Federal Sustainable Communities Partnership
June 16, 2009 -- New Jersey Future welcomes planned sustainable-communities collaboration across federal departments; urges New Jersey to follow suit.
- Coalition Calls on Gov. Corzine To Ensure State Planning Functions Have Necessary Resources
June 11, 2009 -- A coalition of policy and advocacy groups urged Gov. Corzine to provide the State Planning Commission with the resources it needs to be an effective office for smart development in the state.
- Seven Projects Win Smart Growth Awards
June 2, 2009 -- Three plans and four redevelopment projects were selected for Smart Growth Awards.
- Diverse Groups Call For Smart Use of Stimulus Funds
May 20, 2009 -- A coalition of policy and advocacy groups offers guidelines for prioritizing the spending of federal stimulus funds.
- Response to 'Smart Growth' Choice for Alignment of South Jersey Rail Extension
May 12, 2009 -- New Jersey Future applauds selection of existing rail line as route for new high-speed rail extension into Gloucester County.
- New Jersey Future Joins Coalition To Issue Transportation Reform Report
May 11, 2009 -- New Jersey Future and Transportation For America released a detailed plan to build a smart, safe and clean national transportation system for the country.
- Response to Release of Environmental Defense Fund Transit Report
April 23, 2009 -- Environmental Defense Fund report lauds NJ Transit Community Shuttle program as innovative transit practice.
- New Jersey Future Announces Smart Growth Award Winners
April 21, 2009 -- New Jersey Future announced its annual Smart Growth Award winners: four plans and three development initiatives.
- Response to Endorsement of 'Smart' Alignment for S. Jersey Rail Extension
Feb. 18, 2009 -- New Jersey Future applauded the State Planning Commission for endorsing the use of an existing rail line for the extension of train service from Camden to Glassboro.
- New Jersey Future Announces 2009 Redevelopment Forum
Feb. 1, 2009 -- The theme for the 2009 Redevelopment Forum, scheduled for Feb. 27 in New Brunswick, is Building Lasting Prosperity Through Redevelopment.