2010 News Release Archive
- New Jersey Leads the Way in Climate-Friendly Transportation Policy
Dec. 14, 2010 -- A new study released today ranks New Jersey second in the nation for its statewide transportation policies and its ability to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Report Finds Robust Growth in "Built-Out" Towns
Dec. 9, 2010 -- A New Jersey Future analysis of building permits shows that more construction activity has taken place in towns that are already heavily "built out" than in those with more developable land.
- Response to Termination of ARC Tunnel Project
Oct. 27, 2010 -- The decision to terminate the ARC Tunnel project will have a negative effect on New Jersey commuters and will diminish the state's long-term potential for economic growth.
- Ingrid Reed To Be Honored at Special Reception
Oct. 25, 2010 -- Ingrid Reed — whose career in politics, planning, governance and community affairs has left an indelible mark on the civic life of Princeton, Mercer County and the State of New Jersey — will be honored by New Jersey Future at a special reception Nov. 21.
- Broad Cross-Section of Groups Expresses Support for ARC Tunnel Project
Oct. 20, 2010 -- New Jersey Future is part of a coalition of 31 business, labor, environmental, transportation, planning and nonprofit groups that is urging Gov. Chris Christie to move forward with the Access to the Region’s Core (ARC) tunnel project.
- Groups, Elected Officials Urge NJ TRANSIT Riders to Speak Up for ARC
Oct. 19, 2010 -- Civic, environmental and planning groups today launched a major public outreach push in support of the Access to the Region’s Core project.
- Response to Announcement on the ARC Tunnel Project
Oct. 7, 2010 -- The decision made today to withdraw funding from the Access to the Region’s Core (ARC) tunnel project will have long-term negative consequences — not only for the state’s transportation network, but for its land-use patterns as well.
- Groups Call on Gov. Christie to Keep ARC Tunnel on Track
Sept. 14, 2010 -- Leading planning groups in New York and New Jersey called on New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to maintain strong support for the Access to the Region’s Core (ARC) tunnel.
- Suburbanization of New Jersey Picks Up Pace Since 2002
July 28, 2010 -- A joint Rowan-Rutgers report released today shows that New Jersey is losing open space at an increasing pace.
- Lieutenant Governor announces new state Office of Planning Advocacy
July 23, 2010 -- Leaders from the business community, Christie administration, State Legislature and the grassroots social equity movement voiced their support for stronger state land-use planning.
- Response to Passage of S-1
June 10, 2010 -- The new bill will create few affordable housing units, will provide less in housing subsidies, and will not hold towns or the state accountable for affordable housing totals.
- New Jersey Future Announces 2010 Smart Growth Award Winners
April 15, 2010 -- Six projects and 20 honorees will receive Smart Growth Awards; W. Cary Edwards will receive Leadership Award.
- Report: NJ Transportation Fund Goes Broke by mid-2011
March 10, 2010 -- A new report says NJ Transportation Trust Fund will be broke by mid-2011, putting vital repair work, transit services and federal funds at risk.
- Response to Transit Service Cuts
March 5, 2010 -- Placing the burden of budget cuts solely on transit riders and the transportation system sends the wrong message about New Jersey's priorities and hurts the state's potential for economic growth.
- Poll Shows over 70% of NJ Residents Concerned about the Transportation Trust Fund
Feb. 25, 2010 -- A new poll finds that 95 percent of New Jersey residents think it is important that we pay to maintain and improve our transportation system. Yet almost half of the state’s residents don’t know that the Transportation Trust Fund is going broke.
- New Jersey Future To Provide Testimony on Affordable Housing Bill
Feb. 1, 2010 -- New Jersey Future is providing testimony on the important connection between state planning and affordable housing, and on key elements for building a reliable affordable-housing system.