Investing in the Future 2016
New Jersey Future seeks to raise $650,000 through its Investing in the Future campaign to purchase, renovate, equip and maintain the organization’s new centrally located building and enable program capacity expansion.
The campaign met its 2015 milestone of $250,000. Upon reaching this milestone, a local foundation challenged New Jersey Future to build on the momentum created and raise a total of $400,000. When $400,000 is raised successfully, New Jersey Future will receive a $250,000 challenge grant to finish the campaign at the ultimate goal of $650,000.
We need your help to secure the challenge grant, which in turn will help ensure that New Jersey Future’s important work will continue for years to come. Help us reach the finish line in the Investing in the Future campaign by contributing today!
In 2015, New Jersey Future invested in its own capacity to meet continuing and new challenges by purchasing and renovating a vacant building in downtown Trenton to be used as a hub for policy, advocacy and collaboration with other organizations.
This transformative move serves the organization’s future and the future of downtown Trenton, reflecting New Jersey Future’s unwavering commitment to responsible redevelopment and economic revitalization. The building enables New Jersey Future to pursue its mission further by:
- Expanding New Jersey Future’s ability to convene partners and stakeholders by offering a larger, professional civic meeting space with state-of-the-art audio/visual technology.
- Improving communication and increasing staff productivity by providing more space for all work activities, an efficient layout and room for interns.
- Improving accessibility to government decision-makers, industry leaders and a broader constituency through its central location, proximity to the train station, ADA accessibility, and bike- and pedestrian-friendly features.
- Supporting downtown redevelopment by renovating a vacant historic building in the heart of Trenton’s central business district, across the street from the city’s only hotel.
- Building assets for the future by raising funds to purchase and renovate this building and cutting per-square-foot office expenses in half.
How and where we grow and what we preserve affects us all. At New Jersey Future, we believe we can help shape land-use solutions to build strong healthy communities, permanently preserve fields and forests, and generate a vibrant economy ready to serve generations to come. We understand the nuance of public policy, and the need for a watchdog organization like ours to ensure those positive outcomes; we hope you recognize that need too and will support us with a donation. Read our Year in Review 2015 for an overview of our most recent work.
- Read our research reports. Learn about land-use trends and issues that will impact the state’s future.
- View examples of smart growth. Explore the very best in quality planning, development and redevelopment since 2002.
- Engage in policy discussions. Sign-up to receive the twice-monthly Future Facts policy e-brief. Find New Jersey Future on Facebook and Twitter.
- Come to our events. Attend our annual Redevelopment Forum and Smart Growth Awards that bring together decision-makers and thought-leaders.
- Become a member. Receive discounted tickets and new subscriptions, exclusive invitations and daily industry insights. A donation of at least $50 makes you a New Jersey Future member for one year!
Contact Marianne Jann, (mjannnjfutureorg) 609-393-0008 x101, with questions.