2009 Smart Growth Award Winners
Read about great smart growth and sustainable development projects around the state and winners in the Smart Growth Awards.
- Green Building Strategies Find a Home in Downtown Morristown
Projects are part of a plan to enhance Morristown’s Central Business District.
- Bloomfield Re-envisions Downtown with Redevelopment Plan
Project brought together residents, property owners and other interested citizens in a collaborative effort to find the right mix of public and private involvement in Bloomfield’s redevelopment.
- Sustainable Development Policies at Core of Newark Redevelopment
The plan promotes creation of a transit-oriented neighborhood of mixed-use, mixed-income developments that will be supportive of many transportation choices.
- Redevelopment Gives Camden's Fairview Village a Second Chance
Historic neighborhood rebounds with affordable housing and expanded housing.
- Redevelopment Brings Business and Customers to South Orange
The Avenue Development and The Marketplace at Eden are part of a well-planned, smart-growth strategy that adds new residences, new businesses and new jobs, all in close proximity to public transportation.
- North Camden Neighborhood and Waterfront Park Plan
Decades of decline, along with the related issues of poverty, crime and abandonment, have negatively affected the public perception of the neighborhood.
- Glassboro Seeks to Revitalize Downtown with Rowan Boulevard
Project gives new life to downtown and a deteriorating residential area that borders Rowan University’s campus.